Monday, January 19, 2015

Some Daily Yum!

I have been busy shipping caskets and catching up with mailings, writing lessons, putting the final touches on a needlework nibble and checking in new threads (yes, they are starting to arrive again).  And robots everywhere, not expected to be put away now for another two months because they are a victim of success.  My original team who was starting a new type of system this year expected to 'learn' and not get far.  Well, we won the top two awards at our first competition and a bid (only 10% moved on) to the States.  This is how convinced I was that we wouldn't move on this year - I am in Virginia teaching that day (oops) and they'll be on their own.

Lot 85 Sotheby's 22 October 2010 New York.  Circa 1665
Every once in awhile I send my mom and aunt a picture of a great quilt (we are quilters) and call it their "Daily Yum".  So I am going to send out to you a few days of the Daily Yum, pictures that I have been keeping up on my computer screen.  These are part of a series of pictures that relate and I have been studying them to absorb the similarities and think.  Back in October I finally had organized enough of the pictures, mirrors and caskets that the drafters finally became clear and now I am working to catalog their unique attributes.

Hope you like the Daily Yum



1 comment:

  1. My favorite part of this picture is the bird on the top right hand side. His wings are magnificent.

    ReplyDelete