Thursday, October 23, 2014

New Book by Rebecca Quinton on Burrell Collection

Well, it is not so new, it was published in December but while I was in the Burrell this summer I stumbled across it and was really surprised that I hadn't heard about it!  Rebecca Quinton, the curator of the fantastic needlework collection at the Burrell has written a book about their 17th century costume collection.  It is very well done with lots of color photos and many of the close up photos of the embroidery that I always want to see in a book!

Reasonably priced at $21, it might be something that you have to put on your Christmas list this year.  I wasn't able to find a way to buy it through the museum (that way they get the funds) so if your local bookstore/needlework store doesn't have it you will have to use Amazon.  Maybe Hedghog Handworks will carry it if we ask enough times (I like using small businesses).

Tricia

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for telling us about this book. The Amazon Prime rate ships in a couple of months, but there are a few volumes available here in the US and from the UK listed as used-like new - they are from independent sellers, but sold through Amazon ... So this one was a happy 'unbirthday' to me! I hope to see it on mt front steps in a couple of weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete